Guest Mr. Olivier Duquette

Problem with custom geometry format

Hello,

I have connected Vista TF (a throughflow solver from Ansys) to Caeses.

This solver has it owns geometry format, and the geometry file as to be with the other input files.

So with a feature definition I have created this file format for my geometry and save the geometry file

in the good folder by using resolveenv("$RESULTSDIR")

When I use the Runner from the software connector, everything is fine, but when I use a design engine

for optimization, for example the Sobol engine, I have a problem.

The problem is that my feature definition is only run at the end for the last geometry and it is run after

Vista TF has finished, so it doesn't find the geometry files for the first iterations (because it is not created)

and neither for the last iterations (because it is created after).

Is there a way to force the feature definition to run for each iteration?

Thank you,

Olivier

Hi Oliver,

I need to understand, how the export is triggered.

Typically, the export should be triggered when the other input files are written. So there should be a connection to the software connector to make that happen.

This can be a bit tricky when using a feature so we will come up with a simple solution in the next release.

Could you attach your project file (even with stripped geometry, if it is somehow confidential)? Then I can take a look at it and come up with a suggestion of how to solve this.

Cheers,

Stefan

H Oliver,

In case you are using a software connector to integrate Vista TF, you can add a preprocessing command inside the computation object. Expand the "Execution Setting" section and insert "featureThatExports.run()" in the square brackets. Then, before the external code is executed, the feature should be updated and export the geometry.

Cheers

Claus

Thanks a lot Claus, it's working!

Cheers

Olivier