HI Everyone,

Im trying to connect CAESES with numeca autogrid 5 and Ansys CFX.

For the numeca part, Ive solved the problem in part. In CAESES, the blade periodicity(blade number) can be set and by default its name is set to ROW_1 so i changed the name in numeca mesh template file to that of CAESES. I realised if the names are not the same it cannot run in batch mode.

However, my challenge now is that i cannot create periodicity for both the stator and rotor blade (48 and 64) cos in CAESES, the blade number is set for all the blades. 2 alternatives came to mind: either we run 2 different project files in order to set the periodicity separately or we create a command file that will open the stator geometry file, change its name and periodicity. For the first one, it works perfectly well but we need to perform the analysis as a multistage not individual blades.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot.

Regards
Richard

Hi,

this sounds like an interesting project.

But for us it is a bit difficult to understand, where you problem is. Maybe it would be more helpful if you could upload you geometry if it is possible or make a sketch.

best regards

carsten

Hi Carsten,

Thanks for the reply.

Please find attached snap shots of what i was trying to explain.

The first shows the export feature of geom turbo in FFW. I set the number of blades eg. 48 for stator. this defines the periodicity as seen in the 2nd attachment(periodicity). you will realize that for both stator and rotor the periodicity is defined as 48 . However i want them different eg.stator 48, rotor 64.

I recently had an idea of creating 2 features from the geomturbo export format, modify them and use that as export instead of the default format but it didnt work. not so good a programmer.

Thanks,

Regards

Richard

post-115-0-34085700-1403156427_thumb.png

post-115-0-52268000-1403156472_thumb.png

post-115-0-21368600-1403156575_thumb.png

post-115-0-15452100-1403156876_thumb.png

Excellent Karsten!

It works perfectly well. I just changed the  *.export(" rotor") to .export("rotor.geomturbo") in order to get it in geomturbo format.

​The feature looks quite simple. I've been wondering what i was trying to do. Anyways, Im working on it and will make the it available if it works out.

Thanks,

Regards,

Richard