Britton Ward

Newton Raphson / CAESES

Hi,

Just want to see if something has changed or if my memory is failing me ..

At end of last year I built a model of a paddle board with full Fine/Marine integration. 

As part of the model I used the Newton-Raphson solver to adjust the hull depth parameter to achieve a target volume before finalizing a design variant.

I had thought the use of the N-R solver in this capacity was available in CAESES but the latest version seems to indicate that use of the solvers in any context are only available with a commercial license?  Perhaps I had developed this with the trial license previously without realizing.

Britt

Hi,

I'm sorry, but apparently you did set it up with the trial license. CAESES does not allow to use the optimization algorithms (there has to be some difference for the commercial edition...). Variation algorithms can be used, though (but they are limited as well: the total amount of variants is limited to 5, so the algorithm can only produce 3 at most [baseline + run baseline + 3 variants]).

This has been this way ever since we released CAESES, so nothing changed from our side (in that regard).

Arne

Arne,

Completely understand that there has to be some differentiation between the versions.  Would be nice to use the simple Newton-Raphson in a model creation capacity rather than a variant generation one though!

Hopefully I will land a project soon that will allow me to get a proper commercial license...!

Britt