Etienne

Surfaces are always displayed colored red

Hello,

I am following some tutorials and modifying the basic hull sample file. For some reason all my surfaces are always displayed with the color red, regardless of what settings for color I use. See the attached image.

I also tried opening other CAESES sample files with the same result, all surfaces are red.

Any idea what this could be?

Regards,

Etienne Duchateau

red_hull.png

Hi Etienne,

I need a bit of clarification. Are all your displayed surfaces shown in red color or only the selected surfaces by you are showing this behaviour?

Cheers

Ceyhan

Hi Etienne,

I would like to add two questions:

1. Does the CAESES-console display any errors after you start CAESES?

2. Could you run the command  getGLInfo() in the CAESES-console and send us the output?

Best regards,

Erik

On 3/24/2023 at 12:01 PM, Ceyhan Erdem said:

Hi Etienne,

I need a bit of clarification. Are all your displayed surfaces shown in red color or only the selected surfaces by you are showing this behaviour?

Cheers

Ceyhan

All surfaces are displayed in red.

23 hours ago, Erik Bergmann said:

Hi Etienne,

I would like to add two questions:

1. Does the CAESES-console display any errors after you start CAESES?

2. Could you run the command  getGLInfo() in the CAESES-console and send us the output?

Best regards,

Erik

CAESES displays no errors. It was working fine a couple of days ago, but now I only have red surfaces.

See the command output in the TXT file.

I will try updating the graphics drivers (have not tried that yet). --> UPDATE: this did not help...

Etienne

glOutput.txt

Hi Etienne,

Thank you for the data but the information provided is missing.

Can you please provide the gl info again?

The data in the console should start with

"

*** Context information ***

"

Secondly; for the future, I would recommend you to use the Caeses Helpdesk for quicker and better support;

https://helpdesk.caeses.com

Cheers

Ceyhan

On 3/28/2023 at 2:11 PM, Ceyhan Erdem said:

Hi Etienne,

Thank you for the data but the information provided is missing.

Can you please provide the gl info again?

The data in the console should start with

"

*** Context information ***

"

Secondly; for the future, I would recommend you to use the Caeses Helpdesk for quicker and better support;

https://helpdesk.caeses.com

Cheers

Ceyhan

New output, sorry was missing the start bit...

glOutput.txt

Hi Etienne,

Thank you for the file. The output says that CAESES is using software rendering instead of any graphics hardware.

We have two problems now:
1. If the graphics drivers installed correctly, CAESES should not be running in software rendering mode.
2. Even when using software rendering, the surfaces should not be red.

So I have some additional questions:

1. Which graphics card are you using?
2. Are you maybe running CAESES using a remote desktop connection?
3. Could you try clicking on the pencil icon in the lower left of the 3D-Window and then select "Environment/Warehouse with lights" and see if this changes anything or produces error messages in the console?

Thank you,

Erik

10 minutes ago, Erik Bergmann said:

Hi Etienne,

Thank you for the file. The output says that CAESES is using software rendering instead of any graphics hardware.

We have two problems now:
1. If the graphics drivers installed correctly, CAESES should not be running in software rendering mode.
2. Even when using software rendering, the surfaces should not be red.

So I have some additional questions:

1. Which graphics card are you using?
2. Are you maybe running CAESES using a remote desktop connection?
3. Could you try clicking on the pencil icon in the lower left of the 3D-Window and then select "Environment/Warehouse with lights" and see if this changes anything or produces error messages in the console?

Thank you,

Erik

Setting the environment to warehouse solves the red surface issue. Default and Plan Color both produce red sufaces without chaging settings. The Warehouse and Multi Area Light seem to solve the issue.

I am indeed running via a remote desktop. When it was working before I was on the machine itself. That might be the issue with the other environments? I will try again when back at the office.

Regards,

Etienne

I did some digging, it seems the MAP (HDR Image) is missing in the Default and Plain Color Environment settings... Adding a plain image return the color to the model.

Thanks for the additional info. The default and plain color environment don't have maps, because they are procedurally generated which seems to fail on your machine in software rendering mode. We will have to look into this issue and hopefully resolve it in the next release. But I think you can work for now?