Solehah

Optimization with Connection to Fine Marine

Good day,

I want to ask a question regarding optimization. I have fully connected CAESES and Fine/Marine and I did the optimization using Tsearch. I employ about 100 population. While the optimization is running, Fine/Marine evaluates all the candidates. But I want only the optimum one to be evaluate as evaluating all candidates will take a lot of time. How can I set this up? 

Thank you and have a nice day.

HI Solehah,

How would you judge which one is the best if you don't evaluate them? In case you have a different objective function that is not calculated from Fine/Marine, you could do the optimization and not use any result from Fine/Marine in the designEngine. Then pick the best design and run the CFD.

Best

Claus

If your objective function is based on Fine/Marine, then you could reduce the number of designs that is needed to run through CFD possibly if you use a response surface. Please read the information of the design engine that explains how many designs are needed for setting up the response surface (surrogate model). It depends on the number of design variables you will use.