Assiouras Nikolas

Windows Server 2019 dll missing error

Hello,

I am working on a case in which I use CAESES as a CAD generator and TCAE as CFD and Optimize tool. So, as known TCAE uses a script to initialize each time the geometry via CAESES_crt.

I used to work my case on my PC which runs Win10, but last few days I have had access to a better machine that runs Windows Server 2019 Standard. The errors which I faced are these are following (Error 1, Error 2). These errors pop up when I press to run TCAE optimization and the script calls CAESES. These errors stuck the black window of CAESES which generates the geometry, as a result, the geometry has never been refreshed and CFD runs over the initial geometry for n times I choose to optimize. Additionally, at the end of optimization, the entire number of optimization loops has produced a stacked black screen of CAESES_crt on my screen with all these repeated errors. In this point, I would like to tell you that if I check yes in these errors simultaneously when these are pop up, the CAESES_crt runs perfectly and produce the geometry, but as you can imagine the time which take to the TCAE to analyze different cases isn't stable and surely I can't be there all of the time so as to press ok to these errors on time.
When I installed CAESES I observe that Visual C++ Redistributable 2015-2019(picture) want to installed into Server. Additionally, I found that only after Visual C++ Redistributable 2019 the Windows Server 2019 Standard are supported. 
So, I would like to know if this version of Visual C++ CAESES use are not the same or missing .dll when applicated on Win Server 2019 and which version I should install so as to solve my problem.  Unless you have any other idea where these errors might come from or I need to install another version of the CAESES or supplemental file to resolve my problem.

Thanks in advance,

BR
Nikolas.

Error 1.png

Error 2.png

System Requirements.png

Visuall C++.png

Hi Nikolas,

There is no special CAESES distribution for windows server. The installed version should in principal run fine.

Does CAESES (crt) starts when you run it standalone (i.e. via start menu)?

It looks as if the environment when running caeses includes the TCAE bin directory which leads to the error (Windows resolves external libraries in this path which is wrong - at least for CAESES).
You might try to either remove the TCAE directory from %PATH% (in the system environment) or supply CAESES with a different environment when it is started by TCAE.

Cheers,
Stefan

• Upvote 1

Dear Stefan,

Thank you for the quick reply. As you can see from the LOCAL_MACHINE and LOCAL_USER keys in the registry, there is no path to TCAE in the environment variables:

LOCAL_MACHINE

Key Name: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment
Class Name: <NO CLASS>
Last Write Time: 20/1/2022 - 10:39 πμ
Value 0
Name: ComSpec
Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
Data: %SystemRoot%\system32\cmd.exe

Value 1
Name: DriverData
Type: REG_SZ
Data: C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\DriverData

Value 2
Name: OS
Data: Windows_NT

Value 3
Name: Path
Data: C:\Program Files\Microsoft MPI\Bin\;C:\Program Files\PHP\v7.4;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Windows\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Web Platform Installer\;C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;C:\PROGRA~1\MATLAB\R2020b\runtime\win64;C:\PROGRA~1\MATLAB\R2020b\bin;C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2020b\runtime\win64;C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2020b\bin

Value 4
Name: PATHEXT
Data: .COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.MSC

Value 5
Name: PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE
Data: AMD64

Value 6
Name: PSModulePath
Data: %ProgramFiles%\WindowsPowerShell\Modules;%SystemRoot%\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules

Value 7
Name: TEMP
Data: %SystemRoot%\TEMP

Value 8
Name: TMP
Data: %SystemRoot%\TEMP

Value 9
Name: USERNAME
Data: SYSTEM

Value 10
Name: windir
Data: %SystemRoot%

Value 11
Name: NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS
Data: 16

Value 12
Name: PROCESSOR_LEVEL
Data: 6

Value 13
Name: PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER
Data: Intel64 Family 6 Model 85 Stepping 4, GenuineIntel

Value 14
Name: PROCESSOR_REVISION
Data: 5504

Value 15
Name: MSMPI_BIN
Data: C:\Program Files\Microsoft MPI\Bin\

Value 16
Name: MSMPI_BENCHMARKS
Data: C:\Program Files\Microsoft MPI\Benchmarks\

Value 17
Name: GNUPLOT_LIB
Data: C:\Program Files\gnuplot\demo;C:\Program Files\gnuplot\demo\games;C:\Program Files\gnuplot\share

Value 18
Name: CFturbo10_root
Data: C:\Program Files\CFturbo 10.4.5

LOCAL_USER

Key Name: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Environment
Class Name: <NO CLASS>
Last Write Time: 24/10/2020 - 6:50 μμ
Value 0
Name: Path
Data: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python39\Scripts\;C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python39\;%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;

Value 1
Name: TEMP
Data: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp

Value 2
Name: TMP
Data: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp

I have activated search even in hidden folders and when I search for "LLVMRuntimeDyld.dll" I can only find it in the directory C:\TCAE\21.09\bin\llvmpipe.

Therefore, even if a path did exist to the wrong directory, I cannot see any such dll anywhere else. Do I miss something?

Thanks,

Nikolas

Hi Nikolas,

ok - is TCAE executing CAESES? It could be that it propagates its environment to CAESES or  runs CAESES with the bin-dir as working directory (which I don't think).

You could try to write a batch-script that runs CAESES with a modified environment?

Cheers,
Stefan

Hi Stefan,
Thanks for your response.
The function is as follows:
1) I define a folder with .stl files (input)
2) I set up CFD analysis in TCAE software
3) I define in TCAE the input folder as the folder that will refer to each time to draw the geometry
4) I import a Python script into the TCAE with which each time the TCAE changes the parameters within the .fsc script of CAESES.

So the loop that happens is:
1) TCAE defines parameter 
2) with the help of the .py script changes the same variable in the .fsc file appropriately changes the same variable in the .fsc file
3) the .fsc file opens the CAESES_crt environment, makes the adjustments to the parameters, and finally extracts the new geometry to the input folder
4) CFD analysis starts 
5) repeat for n times

At this point, I'd like to tell you that TOPT is an extra module in the TCAE software, which is the facilitator among the 2 programs TCAE & CAESES. The whole communication is done through the Python file script, which each time simply replaces the new values in each parameter within the .fsc character file with the values TOPT gives (for example: run1: No Of Blades = 3, run2: No of Blades = 4) and now from there on .fsc takes over the job, to open up the environment CAESES_crt and export the new geometries.

Still, I would like to ask how I could open CAESES from a different environment other than CAESES_crt, the topics I studied in the forum run CAESES in batch mode through the .fsc script and the specific environment. 

Thanks,

Nikolas.