Lasse

Strange Sweep Edge

Hi there,

I just started using CAESES a short time ago and tried the beginner tutorials which worked very well. I tried to generate new geometry and returned for reference to the first model which i created (the air duct mentioned in the beginner modelling tutorial).

Now I got problems with the sweep feature. Suddenly there appeared the same problem I faced with my new geometry. You can see a edge line on the swept geometry which is not intended. Its parallel to the created centerline. After deleting and reproducing the geometry the edge still appears in all swept features. I have no explanation to that and I don't know how to fix this. 

This would not be a problem if it would just be an optical issue but after importing the geometry to FLUENT I get issues with the meshing and I am not able to delete the edge in SpaceClaim.

I hope someone can help me. Attached is the mentioned problem.

Thanks!

SweePProblem.thumb.png.425becaaec2c0a5e6f0c0420fe7521d1.png

Hi Lasse,

What you are performing is creating a surface by sweeping a profile all through a path. The red curve that you are visualizing(parallel to the path) , I believe,  is due to the start/end location of your profile/s.

screen.thumb.png.80d0aa1346585b68a9a7ea7359960175.png

In a surface you should have 4 main edges and the red curve is in fact of the main edges that define the surface. The other ones are the start and the end profiles(relocated).

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Cheers

Ceyhan

Hi Ceyhan,

thanks for your quick answer. This seems quite logic and understandable. I just don't get why in the first procedure the red curve did not appear at all. 

The sweep surface operation only requires the three edges (start, end, path) right? So what possibilities do I have if I want to prevent the red curve? 

Even if I am using a seperate end surface I am still getting this red line.

I hope you understand what I mean.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Lasse,

Would you like to have a quick web-meeting?

Tomorrow I will be available after 1pm (CET). You can share your screen and it would be easier for me to understand the question and resolve it.

Please send an email to me (erdem@friendship-systems.com) mentioning when you may be available.

Cheers

Ceyhan

Hi Ceyhan,

after looking through my exportfiles a several times I realized that I did export the scope including the sweep and not only the brep. This could be my problem.

I'll have another try.

Thanks for your help! I don't think that a meeting is needed.

Cheers

Lasse

Hi Ceyhan,

after retrying on a new day in the morning everything worked fine.

The edge still remains but is easily deletable. I guess a new import fixed the problem in FLUENT.

Thanks again for your support!

Best regards!

Lasse