Mr. Takamichi Hiroi

Integration with Pointwise and CAESES

Hi,

This is an example of integration with Pointwise and CAESES.

First of all create a Glyph file by using Pointwise function "Script -> Begin to Journaling".

Use your your Glyph file (e.g. roPaxLowerBulbScript.glf) as argument for the computation.

The leading -b starts Pointwise in batch mode.

post-41-0-41761400-1387188721_thumb.png

Best regards,

Takamichi Hiroi

roPaxLowerBulb.fdb

Hello Mr. Takamichi Hiroi

Thank you for this example. I tried applying what I could understand from your example to my own Glyph script created using the journal function in Pointwise to mesh a 2D airfoil. However when I tried to run it I encountered an error with the following output. 

Moving C:/Users/FSAE/Documents/RFR Engineering 2015/Systems/Aero/CAESES/NACA/NACA66-416/manual_results/baseline/Runner/input/2D_Airfoil_CGrid_Extrusion_Mesh.glf to C:/Users/FSAE/Documents/RFR Engineering 2015/Systems/Aero/CAESES/NACA/NACA66-416/manual_results/baseline/Runner//2D_Airfoil_CGrid_Extrusion_Mesh.glf
Moving C:/Users/FSAE/Documents/RFR Engineering 2015/Systems/Aero/CAESES/NACA/NACA66-416/manual_results/baseline/Runner/input/Airfoil to C:/Users/FSAE/Documents/RFR Engineering 2015/Systems/Aero/CAESES/NACA/NACA66-416/manual_results/baseline/Runner//Airfoil

[Captured output from application C:/Program Files (x86)/Pointwise/PointwiseV17.3R3/win64/bin/Pointwise.exe]

Fatal:  Usage:
Pointwise.exe 
        ?-usage?
        ?-version?
        ?-language spec?
        ?-tbbinit num?
        ?-dirmode current | saved?
        ?-noshaders
        ?-environment env_file?
        ?startup_script | file?

Do you or anyone else on this forum have any idea what might have caused this? I've been struggling with figuring out how connections work and connecting to Pointwise and Fluent so I would greatly appreciate any ideas and suggestions I would receive from the CAESES community.  I have attached my project so you can see what I have done. 

Thank you in advance

NACA66-416.fdbc

Hey Edan,

The integration setup looks okay.

The argument line of the computation "Runner" is for a linux system.

I found this thread. This might help you the 4th post.

the -b for the batch mode only works on linux systems.

I cannot test it because I do not have pointwise on my windows machine.

Hope this helps you to solve your problem.

Cheers,

Karsten

Hello Karsten

Thank you for that. The connection now successfully works. Now I just need to create a second connection to Fluent. Just to clarify for anyone else who uses this information you should only delete the -b in the arguments field but leave the glyph script. I tried without the whole argument statement and all it did was open Pointwise. 

Thank you again for your help. 

Edan