Hi together,

Note that CAESES is a ship hull design software, in particular, in the context of hull form optimization with CFD (computational fluid dynamics). It mainly focuses on the underwater part. The software provides comprehensive CAD functionality for generating smooth and variable hull surfaces post-8-0-78584300-1477394594_thumb.gif, a complete variant management, 2D section visualization, hydrostatic calculation, 2D drawing, Lackenby transformation, STL and CAD tools for creation of flow domains, plus integration mechanisms to plug-in simulation and other preliminary tools. Energy-saving devices and propellers can be modeled, too. Furthermore, sea-keeping tools (basically, any other external software) can also be added to the design process.

Please find below more screenshots that are taken from CAESES.

Cheers

Joerg

LAST UPDATE NOV 2018: Note that there are FREE pro editions for students and PhD students, plus special packages for start-ups, small companies and freelancers. 

post-8-0-30993400-1386255229_thumb.png

post-8-0-14181800-1386255383_thumb.png

post-8-0-37582100-1386256049_thumb.png

post-8-0-64406600-1477394524_thumb.png

nurbs_direct_modification.mp4

post-8-0-36033500-1477394581_thumb.png

Hi Joerg,

Is there any tutorial to show how to realize the 2D drawing of the body plans of the ship model? Especially how to draw the section of ship model with aftbody on the left and forebody on the right  side? Just like the fourth attachment in your topic.

Hope you can give me some advice, anything will be helpful.

Thank you very much!

With regards,

Yanxin Feng

Hi Yanxin,

This screenshot is taken from the 3D view i.e. this is not a 2D drawing (but could be exported as DXF subset, for instance). These are differently colored section groups.

However, there is also a possibility to have a 2D drawing which is realized through a custom feature that you can modify as a user. I have to check whether this can be made available to non-commercial users.

Cheers

Joerg

Hi Joerg,

thanks for your reply. It is ok if 2D drawing is not available. I mainly want to know how to get the body plans of the ship hull. I know I can get body plans through setting up section groups.

The problem is, how to put the aftbody and forbody in the same picture but on different side? Because since now I can only get the body plans on one side ( shown in the attachment).

So how to get the body plans as you showed in the screenshot 4?

With regards,

Yanxin

post-460-0-31436900-1511258536_thumb.png