Atiyah

EXISTING AND OPTIMIZE GEOMETRY

Greetings. I really seek for your guidance. Currently, I'm doing my degree final year project. I need to optimize the hull form to get low resistance without changing the displacement and wetted surface area. I already optimized my geometry to get the best minimum coefficient resistance. I need to maintain the displacement and wetted surface area for the geometry. I use the lackenby method. But, after optimizing the geometry, I achieved the minimum total resistance, but the new hull I obtained had a higher displacement and wetted surface, compared to the original hull form. How can I optimize without any changes to displacement? I hope someone can help me. 

RESULT.jpg

NSGA-geometry02.png

Hi Mr Claus,

Actually the objective is to keep constant displacement and to get minimum resistance. I expect that the optimum hull should be more smaller and tapered at the forward part, and a bit bigger at aft part. But what i get after optimize is not as expected and every geometry after optimize is not have significant different from the existing hull. 

Here i attached the comparison of existing and optimum hull. The yellow line is the optimum hull.

1.jpeg