Gabriel Caldeira Vicente

Trying to create a rigid body

The following image is the model i created in CAESES.

image.thumb.png.60d83d84960a15b08972217f07722c08.png

The point is: i need to export this design as a rigid body, but when i try to export just the final BRep (the one selected on the tree in the image above) i finish having just the surfaces i created.

The following images are the result that i have when i open the exported file on the softwares Inventor and Ansys (this one on the Design Modeler plug-in of Fluent) respectively.

image.thumb.png.74f9deb1a2a412ec744216535e7f7af3.pngimage.thumb.png.1f065fcc893b9fdbd8e72c5bbc971168.png

Could you guys help me to create a rigid body which has this contours? Maybe i am not exporting the file correctly, maybe there is a solution in CAESES or Ansys, but i have no idea.

Hi Gabriel,

Your export geometry already seems to be having some issues which is the cause of you not having a water-tight geometry in DesignModeler.

The exclamation mark by the BRep icon may give you the hint.

Can you please check if you have unconnected edges as well? The command

< my BRep > .getNumberofOpenEdges()

would let you know whether you have connectivity issues or not.

I will recommend you to revise your problematic geometries.

After having checked the geometry if you still keep having the problem, please get in touch, so that we can arrange a quick web-meeting to fix the issue.

Cheers

Ceyhan

Hi Ceyhab,

I tried to do what you said, and fixed a problem i found in the back of it where i really had two open edges, but I'm still having the same issue i said previously, maybe because i can't find these other two open edges that rest. I believe that there is some problem with the intersection of the front "legs", but i don't know how to fix it. Could you help me to solve this problem?

image.thumb.png.d466c1c8e807756276681d8ccf32e071.png

Hi Gabriel,

ANSYS DesignModeler can be quite picky sometimes. I believe there exists some degenerated faces causing the issue.

Maybe you can let me know when you may have some time for a quick web-meeting, so that I can give a look to the geometry. To be honest, there is no magical command that would pin point the problematic location.

What you can do is, to check each operation one by one and keeping an eye on the BRep warning icon.

Most probably the operation where the warning icon appears, is the cause of the problem and we should be looking around that area.

Please send an email to erdem@friendship-systems.com specifying your availability. Preferably after 1pm CET.

Cheers

Ceyhan