Farzan Kiani

sharrow marine propeller

Hi, I am trying to show a specific type of propeller produced by Sharrow Marine as shown in the image, but after modeling its blades, when connecting the blade to the shaft via the "solid from intersect" command according to the sample, the result is as follows: What is the right solution for this problem?
Thanks

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Hi Farzan,

The operation "Solid From Intersections" tries to obtain a solid "water-tight" geometry  from the combination of several provided geometries.

The reason why the operation provided some unsatisfactory result maybe due to your provided inputs were not much intersecting but flush maybe?

From the pictures it is not quite clear but is there even some fillet?

I will recommend you to extend the blade geometries a bit so that there can be a proper intersection among the geometries and create the fillet afterwards as a separate operation.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Cheers

Ceyhan

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ceyhan Erdem said:

Hi Farzan,

The operation "Solid From Intersections" tries to obtain a solid "water-tight" geometry  from the combination of several provided geometries.

The reason why the operation provided some unsatisfactory result maybe due to your provided inputs were not much intersecting but flush maybe?

From the pictures it is not quite clear but is there even some fillet?

I will recommend you to extend the blade geometries a bit so that there can be a proper intersection among the geometries and create the fillet afterwards as a separate operation.

Cheers

Ceyhan

Hello again dear Ceyhan
First of all, thank you very much for the comprehensive and useful explanation. Based on what you said to ensure the intersection, I also tried the shaft with a larger radius, but the result did not change. Moreover, I tried to connect the blade and shaft through the "boolean operation union" and that operation also failed. In addition, my modeling method is to design the two blades separately and then reduced the vector domain "v" to [0,0.95] via the image surface. In the end, the "fillet surface" was used to connect the two blades, and your guess was correct. The reason for this is to create a softer connection at the tip intersection between the two blades. Please help me again and explain more about how to extend if possible.
 Thanks.

Hi Farzan,

Then I suspect there may be some existing problems on the blades you are using for the "Solid From Intersections" operation.

If not confidential, please send the model you have created to erdem@friendship-systems.com so that I can give a look and try to figure out the problems.

Cheers

Ceyhan

On 9/30/2021 at 4:27 PM, Ceyhan Erdem said:

Hi Farzan,

Then I suspect there may be some existing problems on the blades you are using for the "Solid From Intersections" operation.

If not confidential, please send the model you have created to erdem@friendship-systems.com so that I can give a look and try to figure out the problems.

Cheers

Ceyhan

Hello Mr. Erdem
 My model was sent to you, please check your email address. I hope that my problem will be solved by you.
Thank you very much in advance
Farzan

Hi Farzan,

Two issues that I have figured;

1) For the blade creation at;

|05_joint|04_1_blade

operation #2; please use "add sources" instead of a "Union"  Boolean Operation. Boolean operations are for water-tight geometries.

2) During the tip fillet creation;

forum_farzan.thumb.png.31b6ede7cb43be2f53917bc3cf27d323.png

I can see that the created surface using FiletSurface already does have some problems.

Please revise the tip creation, maybe use some guides and a LoftedSurface with derivative control instead of a "FilletSurface"

Cheers

Ceyhan

On 10/4/2021 at 3:06 PM, Ceyhan Erdem said:

Hi Farzan,

Two issues that I have figured;

1) For the blade creation at;

|05_joint|04_1_blade

operation #2; please use "add sources" instead of a "Union"  Boolean Operation. Boolean operations are for water-tight geometries.

2) During the tip fillet creation;

forum_farzan.thumb.png.31b6ede7cb43be2f53917bc3cf27d323.png

I can see that the created surface using FiletSurface already does have some problems.

Please revise the tip creation, maybe use some guides and a LoftedSurface with derivative control instead of a "FilletSurface"

Cheers

Ceyhan

Hello Mr. Erdem
  First of all, thank you very much for your attention to my problem. I used your previous practical advice to revise Tip creation. Therefore, according to your recommendation, I used LoftedSurface with derivative control instead of fillet Surface to model it. In this method, the creation of a new surface, as in the past, was accompanied by a warning. Finally, I emailed you the new model for guidance.
Thanks
Farzan