Gabriel Caldeira Vicente

Exporting all parts of a body as a unique solid

Hi, I'm having an  issue about exporting a model to Ansys Fluent. When i export the model bellow as an IGES extension i finish having four different bodies in a montage, but i need to have all them together as a unique solid. In the end of the project i created a BRep with the four bodies but when i try to export it as my final design i have them separated (take a look in the attached imaged of mesh plug-in in Ansys Fluent). Is there any way, or maybe extension, that i can use to have a full and unique solid?

image.thumb.png.6ade269bacf49ff95369b4ee93a9fff3.pngimage.thumb.png.4b57b6e52fd5410f12b0aa3c80e4472d.png

Firstly i created half of the model and then duplicated each part of it with an opposite Image Surface.image.png.e688063372dd15c0e4e0a4babc26309f.png

After that, i used the feature BRep to create the final design, so i added the right and left sides and a plane as my sources to cut in the second step the "tail" of the model.

image.thumb.png.a79ffc19b9e73f8c45c2bf1605dca63d.png

Now i used the operation "Solid from Intersections" to cut the "tail" and got the front part of the body.

image.thumb.png.2f095a18409f57da927f71f403ed5dcc.png

Finally, i added as source the other parts of the model (the legs) and used the operation "Close Planar Holes" to close the bottom of the "legs".

image.thumb.png.0f71f4994c5abac0ded0c673c713cf66.png

After finished, the model i added a color ("fullbody") for it, selected the BRep and tried to export the model  an IGES extension like the image attached bellow.

image.thumb.png.6b1bb269aeec2d6848b55b5b8cf1e78c.png

Note: I created all the surfaces using the feature Coons Patch.