Mr. zuppin giorgio

Problems of a newcomer

Hello everybody, I just started this very day to use CAESES, well it's a nice tool, anyway i haven't managed yet IGES files.

My techical background is on a practical side and as my hobby is ships and yachts hull design - far away from my everyday job -

So I use mainly a nice program as DelftShip, the issue is that it does'nt provide IGES export files.

I also made a cry on:

post-121-0-66317100-1382398255_thumb.jpg

Orthography errors and so on.

Some useful tips by anybody?

Actually I have quite a lot of projects stored, someone validated by Michelet, but since all the stuff is an hobby I don't want to waste time on pros programs, CAESES appeared a good alternative since I can import my designs.

Thank you in advance.

Jurgen.

Hi Jurgen,

if I am not mistaken, the DELFTship free edition offers an export in STL format. CAESES can deal with that, so maybe that would be an easy way for you to transfer your geometry.

However, if you have a bit of spare time, it is definitely worth checking out a few CAESES tutorials on hull design. There is one on yacht hull design, too, which might be interesting for you. When built within CAESES, your designs will be fully parametric and ready for automatic shape variation.

Have fun with the software,

Jan

Hi Jurgen,

I noticed something in your post in the Delftship forum, where you might have gotten something wrong: CAESES does include hydrostatics, but it does not include flow analysis.

However, it can be coupled to external flow solvers through a generalized interface. One example for a free flow analysis software that can be coupled to CAESES is OpenFOAM. CAESES can basically be used as user interface for OpenFOAM.

Cheers,

Mattia

Thanks for the replies, at the moment I'm on the tutorials and so on, it will take a bit but the program is functional and exaustive.

Export files from DelftShip are in DXF mesh, Wavefront file -Obj, STL, MLT - Michelet.

STL works, but it's heavy, I saw a possibility to manage .obj files, but I'm not yet on the topic - need time!

Anyway again, I will bother you again if in need!

Jurgen.