Mr. Daniel Floden

Multiple monitors

Hi and thank you guys for a good training session!

I've got two questions:

Firstly, is there any way de-coupling the various windows from the framework in order (for instance) to have the 3d-view in a separate monitor?

Secondly, when designin a blade, the 2d blade features are still very important in order to relate it to old designs and in order to be able to do a 2d-drawing. What tools and functions are the best to relate the 3d generic blade to a 2d-plane (i.e developed view)

Regards

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

A short answer to your first question:

You can simply right click on the title bar or the tab in central window of any component and choose top level to detach the window. You can alternatively click the square button in the title bar.

After that, simply drag the window to the second screen.

Your second question will be better answered by someone with more experience in blade modeling ;-)

Cheers,

Stefan

• Upvote 1

Hi Daniel,

in the blade object, instead of rendering the 3D surface, you can also switch to showing the 2D developed section. You find it in the display options of the blade, as shown in the attached screenshot.

Additionally, you can create propeller drawings by dragging the blade into a 2D window, but I don't really have experience with that to tell you specifics.

Cheers,

Mattia

post-17-0-57821800-1382359818_thumb.png

Is there some tutorial on how to use the 2d-window for drawings and 2d-representation of a blade? Or for that matter showing any curves in the 2d-window.

I can not find any way on how to show curves from an object in that view, I managed to drag and drop a curve but it will jsut show up as a line without any way of giving coordinates. 

I dont find any way of giving what plane I want to see either.

How do I use the 2d window at all?  

BR

Daniel

HI Daniel

Especially for the propeller there are a couple of views preconfigured. Drag and drop, set the scale and the view of the object. For more views, again drag and drop and set the new view (sections, table ...)

Cheers

Claus

post-20-0-62668500-1382541894_thumb.png