Mr. Nils Mueller

Error: STL file is missing

Hello,

I have imported a hull via IGES and have followed the instructions from the turorial pdf. When I run the application, an error occurs which says that the STL file is missing.

Can anyone help me to fix that problem?

Kind Regards

Nils

Hey Nils,

what is the name of the tutorial you are working on? 

Did you put all Iges surfaces in a trimesh and referenced this trimesh to the application?

You also can have a look at the samples about Trimesh and STL (watertight geometries).

Regards

Karsten

Hi Karsten,

I am working with the Shipflow Basic Training Tutorial. I guess the STL error occured because of the automatic offset generation. I did a manual offset generation and now I can mesh the hull and surface.

I still have problems running the model. The boat I want to analyse has a curved transom which is half immersed. When I set the shiptype to mono the mesh at the hull/transom-edge is corrupt and the watersurface cuts through the hull at the stern. Is there a way to generate knuckle lines on the hull or is there another way to define a curved transom?  When I set the hull type to yacht it doesn't finish meshing.

I also tried to cut the offsets at the hull/transom-edge, but in this model the meshed hull at  the stern is corrupt.

I uploaded screenshots for better understanding the problem.

Regards

Nilspost-110-0-50113600-1381761518_thumb.png

post-110-0-60964200-1381761685_thumb.png