Rull

Free Form Deformation of bulb

Hi everyone,

First of all, I would like to ask about why I did the same practice from ffd tutorial but it fail to do deformation of my bulb. Why this condition happen (as shown in picture) and anyone knew the way to solve this problem?

Your help is highly appreciate for me, thank you.bulb.thumb.png.193c154f38a5a976bd679e443c62b2ea.png

Hi Rull,

I can not tell this from the picture alone. Did you set the FFD as a transformation (create and image surface from your existing bulb or assign it to a BRep if that's what you have). If you can't get it to work, feel free to attach your project here.

Best regards,
Heinrich

Hi Rull,

I looked at your project and it works just fine -- see attached animation. I guess there will be some tweaking of the spacing and transformations of the points to get some really good shapes, but technically, it works. Did you make sure you look at the image surfaces and not the initial ones?

Cheers,
Heinrich

ANGLE_ROTATION.thumb.gif.9810b1aafa6ba58ec93f98e1514e3a85.gif

Greetings Rull.

I am a student doing my final year project. Currently I am looking for document/file for bulbous bow optimization using ffd method.

Is it possible for me to get the model of the bulbous bow for me to practice my ffd?

It would mean so much to me.

Thank you in advance. 

Dear Christina,

the file Rull has posted further up seems to be very similar (if not identical) to the sample we ship with CAESES5. Just search for it in the help workspace (bottom left corner of the GUI) and you should find this:

image.png.1e8a91baab1d3aafd644d42a32765e3e.png

Best regards,
Heinrich

hi Mr Heinrich,

Currently i am doing my research for my FYP and i want to try FFD method for my outriggers to deform new design but did not deform. Before this i try to do the tutorial of bulb also same, it did not deform. I hope u can give me some advice.

Thankyou Mr Heinrich