Rull

Variable

Hi everyone!

Can someone guide me how to make variable for optimization please. I have done import parasolid and after that i'm getting stuck to start the project. Thank you. Have a nice day.

Cheers Rull

caeses.png

Hi Rull,

Can you please clarify what you mean by "getting stuck to start the project"?

Assuming this is the first time you are using CAESES, I would like to encourage you to perform the tutorials first.

pic.thumb.png.154142f4e9f4c33218ac76b16ce873c4.png

Cheers

Ceyhan

Hi Ceyhan,

Thank you for replying. I will explain about my problem. I have import model in x.t file like the picture. Then, I try to make variable for optimization but on the tree object just mention transom only. I had watched the youtube about the tutorial how to make variable but I can't perform with this model. I hope you can guide me to handle this problem. Thank you and have a nice day.

Cheers 

Rull

Hi Rull,

"_Transom" seems to be the geometry that you have imported.

Can you please let me know what kind of optimization you would like to perform?

For a shape optimization you have to have a parametrically defined geometry. Either you create the whole geometry using parameters (fully parametric) or you can use your existing non-parametric geometry using free form deformation (partial parametric).

I will insist you to perform the tutorials first.

Cheers

Ceyhan

Hi Ceyhan,

I would like to perform optimization of the hull ship but got a problem on the geometry. May I know what do you mean by creating the whole geometry using parameters (fully parametric), can you explain more about this ? Then, I have done perform the tutorial about the free form deformation but I have problem on the path. It cannot detect the CAT_sym. I hope you can guide me to handle this problem. Thank you and have a nice day.

Cheers

Rull

ffd.png

CAT_Sym01.X_T